Nelson Lakes

Nelson Lakes
A beautiful country with beautiful people

Thursday, 14 August 2014

The Work Load Realisation and the Father Ted Discovery

Kia Ora!

I've been absent for a little while. Well, lets lay it down.

As you've probably guessed already I've been heavily absorbed into university work. It's not what I had hoped so early in the process, but it's what I anticipated and really it comes down to the academic year. I'm not sure if I've said already, but I am technically studying in semester 2. What that basically means is I have missed a few of the core concepts taught in semester 1. That's a disadvantage of doing an exchange in the southern hemisphere.

With looking for a flat and the general initiation to Auckland, I also started my independent work a few weeks later than the starting date of the semester. So I have spent the last two weeks working hard. Three tests next week and deadlines fast approaching. But I found some time for some fun. You may not believe I've been working...
"Cup of tea, Father? Oh, go on. Go on, go on go on."
Two weeks ago I went to a great bar for Daniels (my German friend) birthday. Any guess's why I liked it? As with almost every Irish pub, this place was great. The drinks were flowing and the live band were playing. I even did a selfie with an Irish guy on request because I looked like Sheldon! It seems I will never leave that behind.



Just a portion of my wonderful friends
The night after I was out again, this time with my flatmates. A first outing for the gang! This was also a good laugh and we explored a few of the bars in the Britomart area. After visiting a few bars I realised that Auckland bars play a high ratio of classic music. I think that includes every big hit from the 70's to the 00's. Of course there's some newer stuff to, but not as much.

Back to the world of daylight and casual clothes we go and on to a BBQ I went to last week. Through my course I have met a couple of friends from South Pacific islands, such as Samoa and Tonga. They're welcoming friends and they invited me to a BBQ for the South Pacific engineers within the university. They've got quite a big crowd- I know I was the only non-member there. I loved it there. Best of all, they're all Game of Thrones fans (but of course they were, who isn't?). I don't think any photo's exist, which is disappointing. But it was a good afternoon!

I've got two really good weekends lined up. Tomorrow I'm going away and the week after... Wow. Wait and see! It'll be a great way to celebrate finishing a week of tests!

This photo actually has a purpose for somebody! But who?
Finally, any ideas what this mug shot is about?

Keep well all!

Kia Ora,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment