I'll start with some good news. It's great news really, I'm an honorary member of SPIES! (South Pacific Indigenous Students Association). It's great, I really got along well with them at the BBQ the other week, they had a vote and now I'm in. I'm the first honorary member in two years as well! It must be the British accent haha.
Now on to a story from last weekend I forgot to mention. Well, it's not so much a story, but it was an event. And I didn't really forget to mention it, I just chose not to. Why? Was I keeping some cards close to my chest. Why, that's very observant of you; yes, yes I was.
So, after last weeks trip to Piha (I really miss that waterfall) I came home and ended up in the pub ;-). It wasn't a coincidence that the rugby was on: Australia vs New Zealand being played in Sydney. I was there with Josh (housemate, Aussie), Matt (Housemate, Kiwi) and Jess (Kiwi) and we had a pretty good night. The quality of the rugby wasn't great and it ended in a 12-12 draw. No tries, just penalty conversions. But that was only the first leg and the second leg was coming to New Zealand...
Auckland, Mount Eden. The All Blacks on home soil! Very decent seats. So good! And a chance to show of my home kit, my England (football) top! I think I got away with it haha. And these are the lovely people I shared it with!
![]() |
| That video made us two new friends haha |
I was a little disappointed that Ma'a Nonu wasn't playing. He's one of the only rugby players I knew when I was younger. But injury kept him away. Still, the All Blacks played really well and dominated Australia, especially in the second half. We saw most of the All Black tries down our end! They overpowered Australia in every department. A top job (coming from my now expert self after being in to the game for just a few weeks haha). Here's some action shots.
![]() |
| All Blacks try! |
I took a video thinking it would be the last play of the game. I was nearly right, but what I got was so much better!
More adventures and misdemeanors to come. This match was so good and that's another thing on the checklist ticked off!
Kia Ora!









No comments:
Post a Comment