05/12/2014 - 07/12/2014 Queenstown/ Arrowtown/ Lake Hawea
Guess who went back to Fergburger! Hell yeah, we did! :-D
After getting our fill again we visited an Ice Bar in Queenstown. It was brrrrriliant! Haha. I'm sorry...
![]() |
| Ice Age! |
![]() |
| Our seats! |
Perhaps just as importantly as revisiting FergBurger, on the morning of the 6th a new companion for the trip landed in Queenstown airport. Introducing Liam, fresh from Auckland and with his own set of unique skills at our disposal. Unfortunately this doesn't include the Maori pose... But his purposes will be realised! :-D
We stopped by Arrowtown, a quaint little town which really appealed to me. I wish I could have stayed longer.
A short walk away we came across a Lord of the Rings filming location, the River of Bruinen. Formly known as Arrow River, this is where the Ringwraiths were hit by water whilst chasing Frodo and Arwen. The river has changed a lot in the decade since the scene was shot, but you can kind of see it!
From Arrowtown we traveled to Lake Hawea via Lake Wanaka and Mount Iron. On Mount Iron the gauntlet was thrown down for the rest of the trip and challenges were coming, challenge 1: climb that pole! A very
![]() |
| And I think Liam knows it... Haha |
![]() |
| It looks very unimpressive in photos |
Although it looked unimpressive, the challenge definitely took it's toll on somebody...
Liam slept as the salad dinner was made, but when finished I came up with a nice way to wake him up. I hit him really hard with a pillow and sat down, acting nice and casual. After a few seconds we all realised that Liam hadn't even flinched and was still sleeping quite happily. That backfired haha. It took a bit more prodding to wake this guy up.
Then, whilst eating a couple of drunk guys entered the kitchen. They noticed we were eating salad and left the kitchen in singing and dancing to "You don't make friends with salad!". Classic Simpsons reference! Haha.
Good news, everybody! The South Island Road Trip has been given a contract to make another 3 posts! There's a lot of happenings still to report :-)I leave you with this iconic photo overlooking Lake Hawea.
Kia Ora,
Ben
















No comments:
Post a Comment